1. My dryer was finally failing for good.
2. We decided to buy front-loaders. My husband wanted to stack them.
3. That required removing the shelves over the washer and dryer, and the platform that was built underneath by some previous owner of our house. The platform had to go or I would never reach the top of the dryer once they were stacked.
4. That required a complete overhaul of the laundry area, including new paneling, moving the electrical socket and a lot of paint.
5. An unforeseen side effect of moving the electrical socket was that the basement refrigerator is on the same circuit.
6. It was unforeseen for 2 days before it was seen.
7. A lot of my stockpiled meat needed to be eaten Right Now. Thankfully the freezer and fridge were not as full as they could have been.
8. We eat meat quickly, but not that quickly. Monday we had spaghetti with turkey meatballs and chicken sausage in the sauce. Tuesday there was a pork roast. Wednesday there was a London Broil.
9. Today, while we wait for the washer and dryer, we will eat Korean broiled eel with noodles - I took the leftover spaghetti from Monday, added soy sauce, sesame oil, 5-spice powder, garlic and white pepper and made "Asian inspired noodles."
10. Today, I have a lot of paint on my hands and arms. And in my hair. Yesterday it was even in my ear.
11. I also have 5 pints of BBQ pulled pork, thanks to Punk Domestics and another freezer-casualty (pork roast), plus a quick run to the store for pineapple and apple juices, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, and an additional pork butt.
12. Yeah, Mom, I said that word.