Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cheese Molds

Tenntrace asks for photos of the cheese and the cheese mold. We have eaten too much of the cheese to see the whole thing, but here's what is left! It turns yellow as it sits in the fridge, aging slightly. Doesn't affect the taste at all. One could rinse the cheese daily to minimize this but, really, it's just going to be eaten so quickly it's not worth the effort.The new mold is the metal one. The plastic one was actually twice as tall, and was cut into two molds. There weren't enough holes so my husband drilled more. The metal one has larger holes so I spent a lot of time scooping up escaping cheese and putting it back into the mold from the top. It's taller, so it holds more. I'm not sure which I like better. Both are perfectly fine to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.